The Board | Poari is a Crown entity and takes on the role of Governance. Members include the Principal | Tumuaki and elected parents/caregivers who can co-opt further members. Elections are held every three years with 2022 being the election year.
Our Board | Poari are:
Presiding Member (PM): Kamaka Tarawa (re-elected)
Principal | Tumuaki: Dr Deanna Johnston
Staff Board Member: Mariana Kaitai (re-elected)
Board Member: Simone Pakieto (re-elected)
Board Member: Andre’ Monga (new)
Board Member: Carla Perese (new)
Board Member: casual vacancy – Following the advertised period of notification, the Board proceeds to ‘select’ a 5th member to the Board.
Board | Poari Meetings
– Board Folder (Agendas/Minutes/Reports) available from the Finance Administrator/PA in the Office
– Held twice a term at 8 am in the Board Room
Term 1 Week 5 Wednesday 1 March
Term 1 Week 10 Wednesday 5 April
Term 2 Week 5 Wednesday 24 May
Term 2 Week 10 Wednesday 28 June
Term 3 Week 5 Wednesday 16 August
Term 3 Week 10 Wednesday 20 September
Term 4 Week 4 Monday 30 October
Term 4 Week 8 Wednesday 29 November
Tāmaki Primary School Policies – we welcome shared review
***TERM 4 BOARD POLICY REVIEW is open for your comment (please see Newsletter reminders)
– click on ‘Our School’ Tab and then click on ‘Policies and Procedures‘
– log into SchoolDocs to find our Policies
– look for & click on the blue ‘Reviews’ Tab when you are on our Tāmaki Primary SchoolDocs home page
– we welcome your comment on specific policies that are scheduled for review by the Board
***NB. As per the Board’s Policy and Term 2 review, the Board shares their DRAFT Health and Physical Education Curriculum Delivery Statement for parents/caregivers. Please email the Tumuaki and/or the Presiding Member for any comment by Friday/Rāmere 13 October 2023.
The Board once again thanks you for your vital feedback.
More info on Board’s role here: https://www.nzsta.org.nz/advice-and-support/information-for-parents/