The Board | Poari are an elected group of parents/caregivers. The Poari takes on the role of Governance and includes the Principal | Tumuaki, parent representatives and can co-opt further members. Elections are held every three years with 2022 being the Poari election year.
More info on Board’s role here: https://www.nzsta.org.nz/advice-and-support/information-for-parents/
Further NZSTA info here: https://www.nzstaknowledgehub.org.nz/
***BOARD ELECTIONS 2022: the Board employed CES to run the Election. Please see notices sent home with your child.
***Term 3 Week 8 Election Update – CES confirm that:
– 6 nominations for 5 Representative positions on the Board were received
– TPS held an Election. Parents/whānau received their voting forms to their email address or by post (as they did for the call for nominations)
– Voting closed Wednesday 7 September @ 12 noon
– Declaration of Election Results received Tuesday 13 September
– New Board took Office Wednesday 14 September 2022 at their first Hui
– Congratulations to re-elected Board Representatives Kamaka Tarawa, Simone Pakieto, Mariana Kaitai (Staff Rep) and new Reps Carla Perese, Nita Ngamotu and Andre’ Monga.
Our new Poari are:
Presiding Member (PM): Kamaka Tarawa
Representative: Simone Pakieto
Representative: Carla Perese
Representative: Nita Ngamotu
Representative: Andre’ Monga
Staff Representative: Mariana Kaitai
Principal | Tumuaki: Dr Deanna Johnston
Minute Secretary: Miss Mikaela Duggan (Executive Officer)
– are held twice a term at 8 am in the Board Room
– Term 3 Week 8 Rāapa 15 September for the new Poari
– Term 4 Week 4 Rāapa 9 November and Week 8 Rāapa 7 December
Stay safe e te whānau